HOPE YOU HAD FUN AT YOUR FIRST WINTER FORMAL EVER!
Sip n' Study
Your First Winter Formal
Freshman Class Council is planning Northwood's Talent Show coming up in April!
"Step out of your comfort zone because there is value in pushing yourself to try new, sometimes uncomfortable things!"
- Markie Bowers (Faculty Liason) NHS '20
"Everybody’s gonna say it’s too late to get involved sophomore, junior, or senior year... BUT ITS NOT! Don’t get involved with everything your first year in high school. Try to pick and choose what you like throughout your 4 years."
- Adam Fujiwara (Athletics Commissioner) NHS '20
"Seek discomfort; it's the only way you will find fulfillment and success in life. The joy of taking the uncomfortable path is a feeling you can't get elsewhere. Personally, ASB helped me overcome my fears of public speaking and allowed me to explore my potentials as a leader. Likewise, pick and find something that will help you become the best version of yourself. You got this!"
- Jennifer Frey (ASB President) NHS '20
"Don't only focus on school work; do what YOU want to do, not what's forced on you."
- Ethan Sloate (Treasurer) NHS '20
"Try to have an open mindset and rely on the resources/people who can help you because everything you need is provided for you, but how you use it will impact your future."
- Stacy Kim (Senior Class President) NHS '20
Words of Advice
from ASB seniors
Sip n' Study Recap
December 10th, 2019
many students, esp. freshmen, came to the Sip n' Study to prepare for their Fall Finals! turnout was good, and the hot cocoa was a nice treat during a stressful week:)
FRESHMAN CLASS COUNCIL:
what we do:
- plan and execute the Talent Show
- decorate Freshman section for Homecoming with props according to Freshman sub-theme
- dance at Homecoming Rally #1
- participate in all spirit weeks and dress-up days